Sunday, September 5, 2010

"Ashley's" New Barn Kitty and A Day at the Zoo With Gran

Yesterday was a great day! 
Ashley, Jannett, and I spent all day at the zoo... and when we got back, my friend and neighbor, Tiffany brought us our new barn kitten!
I'll start with the kitten... who (I think) we are going to name Fiona, after the princess in Ashley's FAVORITE movie(s) - the "Shrek" series!
Ashley's cousins walked over to see Fiona, but she couldn't wait and decided to meet them halfway!
(With the baby doll still in tow, as you can see...)
Emma with the kitten...
Abby played in the car.. I couldn't resist posting this one of her :-)
PROOF that Jeremy is not as gruff about getting this kitten as he would like us all to believe :-) ...
Oh, and blackmail to use on my brother-in-law, Matthew, who is in the background wearing Abby's tiny pink ball cap! :-)
My lone attempt to get a head shot of Fiona before 3 little girls caught me and wanted her back!  I'm sure I will get a better one tomorrow ;-)
Ashley giving Fiona a kiss.  We told Ashley it might not be a good idea to let the kitten get in the sandbox ;-)
Thank you, Tiffany - we love her already!!!
(Earlier that day....) We finally saw Nikita, the zoo's new polar bear!
Check out those big 'ol paws!
They leave big 'ol foot prints like this!
Look, it's bigger than Ashley's head!
Some pictures of Nikita swimming...
Next, we took Gran to the Discovery Barn!
And then it was off to Africa!
The baboons were being really cute...
The next two were taken through a chain length fence, and even though the fence shows I thought they were to adorable not to post!
Then we went to the indoor Tropics exhibit.  This particular monkey never fails to crack me up!
He looks like he is posing for a magazine centerfold (a naughty one, I might add!)
Oh yeah, he's DEFINITELY posing!

No comments: