Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow, Snow, GO AWAY!

I never, EVER thought I would say this... but... ENOUGH with the snow and the snow days!!! 
We're all going a little stir crazy from being couped up in this tiny house... it is too cold to play in the snow (except for when you bring it inside... see below!)... and I'm starting to think about all of the early summer days at the zoo that the make-up days are cutting into. 
So, forget everything I said before and cross your fingers for a full week of school next week (and for the rest of the winter!!!)
These were taken when the snow first hit us...
This drift was later that night, after Jeremy had already made a pass or two with the snow shovel...
Sunrise the next morning... I wanted to take a picture of the horses, but they were hiding in the lean to. (I don't blame them!)
Hope we don't need to open any gates in a hurry!
When the HIGH for the day is ZERO, and windchills are in the negative teens... it is TOO COLD to play outside.  So, what's a mom to do? Bring the snow IN!!! (Thanks, Grandma Missy, for the bathtub idea!)
I tried to show Ashley how to make a mini-snowman or snow castle, but she would rather stir it and eat it :).  Snow cone, anyone?
The bathtub was PERFECT because all of the mess went right down the drain! :)
We brought out the food coloring, too - but I forgot to take pics of that.

No comments: