Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Longest Blog Post Ever!

Hi guys, I have LOTS of pictures to show you!
I'll start with our most recent zoo trip.  First we saw the baboons...
While Ashley was sitting on the concrete rhinocerous...
I looked over and saw this water snake!
Here's how close he was!
Reptiles in my classroom is one thing, but wild ones near my girl are another. 
Even though I knew it wasn't venomous, we moved Ashley away from there in a hurry. 
The hippos.  I love to hear Ashley say the word "hippopotamus"! :-)
 
A sparrow stealing our BBQ chip crumbs!
We were lucky enough to catch the big group of chimpanzees out, including the baby:
But mom took him up a tree not long after we got there.  That was fun to watch, though!
The older males were downright lazy (typical behaviour in our species as well, right ladies?!)
Getting ice cream with Grandma :-)
This bird (the male) was building a nest. Females (above) have yellow eyes, males have brown. 
Ashley entertained us while we waited to see the gorillas :-)
When you have an itch, you scratch it, right?!
If you thought that one was funny, check out THIS one!
Nikita, the polar bear.  He's awesome!
That is a BIG BEAR!

My favorite animal at the zoo, the endangered Golden Lion Tamarin:
Riding the carousel... she chose the flamingo this time.
Going for a wagon ride with Hershey at Grandma's house after the zoo:
Some more pics of our girlie :-)
I call Fiona Ashley's guardian kitty... if we go outside, she finds Ashley and stays by her side. 
Can you see her ears in the grass?
Picking strawberries.
Ashley's new Tinkerbell hat from her favorite store, Dollar General.
In case you haven't heard, Tinkerbell is the new Shrek - she LOVES Tinkerbell these days!
And now, some really old pictures from my purse camera...
Ashley with her first umbrella-also from Dollar General :-)
Ashley coloring while I got my hair done at my sister Katie's new salon.
and, getting a Happy Meal with Mason (and Maelie) afterwards...
I have to explain these last few pictures...
It had gotten quiet at our house (NEVER a good sign!) so, I decided to see what Ashley was up to. 
She had the box of markers out and said, "Look, Mommy, I made flip-flops!"  :-)

No comments: