Our beloved cat, Fiona ("Ona Kitty") has gone to live with Jesus.
She went missing last Thursday, and I prayed for days that she was just spending more time out in the pasture (although I knew that something was wrong when she didn't come up to the house at feeding time or when she saw us out in the yard.). Today, Ashley's grandpa discovered that Fiona had been hit by a car, crawled under the pine tree between our yards, and died. Jeremy buried her under that tree. I always considered myself a "dog person", but that cat was something else! She turned me into a cat person, too. We got Fiona when Ashley was just 1. Ashley's favorite movie is Shrek, so she was named after Shrek's bride, Fiona. (Ashley's favorite baby doll is also named Fiona - thus she started referring to them as "Ona Kitty and Ona Baby" for clarification.) The reality of Ona's death has just hit Ashley, and for the first time since I became a mommy, there is nothing that I can do to make it better. Right now, we are sitting on the couch together (WAY past bedtime) looking at pictures and remembering the good times. Gracie is at our feet. Ona was Gracie's buddy, too.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment