Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

I have to start this post with a story you are NOT going to believe!
This is my new friend Silvia. Remember me telling you about Silvia?
(If not, check out my March 28th post (towards the end)... I mistakenly spelled her name Sylvia - so sorry!)
Silvia follows my blog and bought Ashley four new purses even though she had never even met us!
Well...
Saturday morning, I met my mom at Hen House to pick up a Honeybaked Ham for Easter dinner. She was running a few minutes late, and I was waiting in line for her when the woman behind me says...
"Hi, Ashley!"
I thought - how does my one-year-old daughter know someone that I don't? - when, this "stranger" says: "I'm Silvia!".  (No way, right?! That's what I said.  Then that's what my mom said when she got there two minutes later.)  It was meant to be!
Here's why:
1.  We wouldn't have gone with a "Honeybaked" ham if it weren't for Jeremy's gift certificate that he got as a Christmas bonus.

2.  We were going to get it Friday at the Independence Honeybaked store, but had to cancel our plans due to the storms that blew in.

3.  I just happened to hear that Hen House was selling the hams (I had no idea) and the Hen House we went to was just up the road from where I was taking Ashley to see the Easter Bunny.

4.  If my mom hadn't been running late, we would have missed Silvia.

What a story I have to tell Ashley some day!
The Easter Bunny came yesterday :-).
Here's what he brought, plus some sidewalk chalk and a purse-shaped bubble kit not shown in the picture.
Don't you just love the "Lambchops" purse?!

What a big girl.  I can't believe it has been a year since I took these pictures:
What happened to my baby?!
Back to 2010....

Collecting Easter eggs. And gravel.
She likes rocks. :-)
I couldn't resist posting these pictures I took of my new fur-niece, "Mocha".
Isn't she the cutest?!
The only thing cuter than Mocha is Mocha with my nephew, Mason.
Mason and Mocha.
Mocha and Mason.
Cute, cute, cute!

No comments: