To all of Ashley's "fans" out there, I have missed blogging as much as you all have missed seeing new posts!
I am trying to juggle my regular teaching schedule, 2 part time jobs, being a mom, and getting some sleep.
Blogging sort of fell by the wayside :(.
The past few weeks have been busy (but fun) with Ashley's 2nd birthday and Halloween. I am excited to FINALLY get to share them with you!
I am starting with this picture in case you are not familiar with the Shrek movies, which are Ashley's FAVORITE!
I hope that by posting my source (http://puzzles-games.eu/puzzle-shrek-forever-after-a-family-571.html) I am not violating any copyrights. If anyone reading this feels otherwise, please contact me via the Blogger email link.
THIS is the super awesome pumpkin that Jeremy carved (and it was grown in Grandpa Kevin's garden!).
I must point out that it was MY idea to do a Shrek pumpkin... but Jeremy sure executed it PERFECTLY. :-)
Ashley as Princess Fiona (and that's Gracie dressed as "Donkey" in the background!)
As you can see, I tried to make her costume authentic with green face paint...but it came right off. It just looks like she has a dirty face, but I guess that is OK when you are dressed as an ogre.
Grandma Missy made Gracie's donkey costume and Ashley's green ears, and Aunt Malinda found the red hairspray!
Trick-or-treating at Gran and Grandpa's house.
A close-up of Gracie...
Ashley with her cousins Emma and Abby, who were dressed as Sleeping Beauty and Belle:
Now, for the birthday pics!
This was Ashley's invitation (minus the address and phone number):
The party's theme was puppies and kittens, after Ashley's two furry BFF's.
I found this sweet Precious Moments figurine that I used as a cake topper.
(Look familiar?)
I was somewhat disappointed in how the cake turned out (just that I have done better, as some of you may know from my other blog: http://www.cassiescakes.blogspot.com/)
... but only because I ran out of time doing other projects that I am pretty proud of. (Besides, I tried a new recipe that tasted great and that's what REALLY matters!)
These were one of my projects... Gracie and Fiona cake pops!
They are made by rolling cake and icing into a ball, dipping it in chocolate, and adding edible decorations!
(The cat ears are mini Hershey kisses!)
And I made LOTS of them for all of the guests to take home!
This was the other suprise I had up my sleeve:
I wrote a book for Ashley (which I called "Love You Forever: Ashley and Gracie's Story")... and had a copy made for each of Ashley's grandmothers and all of the special people in her life.
(If you haven't seen it yet, I'm working on a way to get it on the blog!)
Ashley's birthday loot, including the Buttercup pony that I found (used) at a consignment store way back in April! I'll have to post a video of all the things that it does when you turn it on. I SO wish they had these when I was a kid!
Her other big gift was a joint effort of Grandma Missy, B, Aunt Malinda, Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Cooly, Gran, and Grandpa.... a PowerWheel's truck of her very own!
Unfortunately, Ashley was in dire need of a nap by the time she got to open it and couldn't really enjoy it that day.
BUT... SHE HAS BEEN EVER SINCE!
One of the first things she did was drive it to the pasture to see the horses.
Murphy came up to the gate to see her :-)
She makes a connection with every animal (and person) she meets...
And, finally.... pictures from a few weeks ago... picking pumpkins at Gran and Grandpa's:
Each of the girls is doing her own thing :)
I LOVE this one of Ashley tickling Abby with a blade of foxtail. Look at that onery face!
And I love Abby's silly expression in the next one:



No comments:
Post a Comment