I took these pictures AFTER we got home from the lake... but they are so cute that I had to post them first!
As soon as we got home, Ashley ran to her play house.
She missed it!
Gracie checked it out with her while I unloaded the car.
The next picture is quite possibly my favorite one EVER.
Priceless.
And... so is this one... my other new favorite:
There's nothing better in the whole world.
Now for the lake pictures.
Jeremy had to work over time and couldn't go with us (AGAIN). :-(
Ashley and I still had a great time with my family, but it wasn't the same as having "Dadda" there.
Ashley's new "lake" hat.
Looking at a butterfly... the first of many creatures that we encountered this weekend.
The next was a box turtle that we kept overnight and let go the next morning...
Ashley wanted me to "open" him. :-)
Sending him back on his way..."Bye, bye, turtle!"...
We found this little guy in the EXACT spot where we let the turtle go:
(It's a lizard perched on top of the tree bark...see?)
He's teeny-tiny, about an inch and a half or so.... perfect for this makeshift critter keeper (a pop bottle with holes drilled in the sides for air.)
Off to the creek to catch even more!
Grandma Missy and "B" were there, too!
Brent showing Ashley a minnow.
Ashley holding a "baby crawdad".
Showing us a tadpole...
Serious, but I like this one.
I like it in black and white, too.
The sunrise was really beautiful Monday morning.
The sun sort of outlined the clouds.
Getting ready for another day at the creek. If you look closely, you can see Grandpa Cooly's reflection in Ashley's shades! :-)
This time, we brought Ashley a "boat".
She has the boater's wave :-)
Finding rocks...
and showing them to me.
Ashley with Brent's dog, "Bosco".
Sorry, Ash, but I couldn't help taking this picture (and the next one.) I promise not to show your future boyfriends.
Ashley loves to help clean the deck with this old squee-gee (sp?)... it is an Ashy-sized mop!
I love what she does with her other arm!
A storm blew in Tuesday morning as we were getting ready to leave.
One last batch of pictures for this post...
last Thursday, my mom and I went to "Lilith Fair" to see two of my favorite musicians, the Court Yard Hounds (Emily and Martie of the Dixie Chicks).
We had AWESOME seats!
Here they are!
I was really disappointed that I wasn't allowed to bring my good camera, ESPECIALLY when I saw other people there breaking the rules. But since we were so close, my point-and-shoot did OK.
Martie's daughters joined them on stage for the last song. It was so sweet!
We also saw Emmylou Harris...
Heart...
and Sara McLachlan.

No comments:
Post a Comment