Monday, July 5, 2010

July 3rd & 4th... Plus the Latest Zoo Trip

I have taken over 800 pictures since my last post (less than a week ago!)... I have narrowed it down to about 250 that I am going to keep (as in, NOT delete) but I will try not to overwhelm everyone and limit my blog to the "best of the best". (Which is still a lot!)  ;-)
I'll start with our Independence Day celebrations... we spent Saturday with our friends Nathan an Dee and Sunday with both of our families at Jeremy's parents' house.
Here's Ashley on Saturday wearing the watermelon outfit that I just LOVE.
In keeping with the watermelon "theme", I made this cake to take to the BBQ. 
There are more pictures and "how I made it" on my other blog, http://cassiescakes.blogspot.com/.
 
Ashley and Dadda doing "snakes"...
... and smoke bombs.  Ashley said "blue" when they did this one!
Now for the pictures from Sunday at "Gran and Grandpa Miller's" house:
Ashley and her cousins Emma and Abby wanted to play in the playhouse, but they were worried about "spider webs".
So, it was Gran to the rescue with a rag and some cleaning supplies.
I found it quite comical to see my mother-in-law inside the playhouse while her three granddaughters were on the outside.  Apparently, Ashley thought it was funny, too!
There's always one who isn't looking at the camera.  This time, it was Ashley :P.
Ashley and Abby are 3 months apart.
Emma and Ashley driving around in the "Cozy Coupes".
And THEN... they broke out the big car:  Emma and Abby's Artic Cat.
Ashley was ALL about cruising with her "older" cousin, Emma (4) who can drive.
I am picturing this happening again when Emma is 16 and Ashley is 13.
My brother-in-law gave me a long stick to push the pedal for Ashley so that she could "drive".
And, after that... Ashley was no longer happy being a passenger!
Later, the girls pretended that the playhouse was a drive-through. 
I heard Emma tell Ashley "I'm sorry, ma'am, but we are all out of those." :-)
All three girls out for a spin. 
We are definitely going to have to get one of these for our house!
More snakes and smoke bombs!
Finally, here are some pictures from our latest trip to the zoo.
I have decided not to post ALL of the animal pictures that I took, especially if I have posted similar ones before.
As usual, we rode the carousel first thing, and Ashley wasn't quite awake yet.
Then it was off to "Africa", as we spent most of our time in "Australia" last visit.
Ashley and Grandma Missy looking down at the East African Crowned Cranes (a.k.a "birdies" to Ashley). 
Here they are:
Next, we saw a Red-Capped Mangabey, who was wildly entertaining!
This little deer was Jeremy's favorite when he took us on Mother's Day.
When we got to the next part of Africa, my mom noticed right away that it "looked like Noah's Ark"... the animals were gathered two by two!
This baboon was playing with a turtle.
(See the turtle off to the right?)
Ashley was getting pretty pink despite numerous latherings of sun screen, so we changed her outfit and bought her a hat at the gift shop.
A pile of sleeping meerkats:
Ashley's favorite "toad" slide...
Ashy was a little more herself this round on the carousel. :-)

No comments: