I just can't get enough of the zoo!
Our good friend Malinda was able to join my mom, Ashley, and me on her birthday last Wednesday.
For the second week in a row, we showed up as they were cleaning the sea lion's tank.
He was so sweet and did tricks for us - it was like our own private show!
During the real show, he jumps up and touches his red ball...
but without his water, he just walked over and looked at it.
Next, we saw the elephants.
Ashley holding on to Grandma Missy's arm ;-)
Ashy with "Aunt Malinda". She was Malinda's girl most of the day!
We made it to the hippos just in time for the daily "keeper chat".
It was really interesting!
What a mouth!
Check out the tongue!
Ashley really liked the crocodile!
Ouch!
I think she finally had enough! I don't blame her!
I like this shot... it looks like the lion is walking right up to smell the flower! :-)
We spent a lot of time watching the gorilla...
It rained on us for a while. If you look closely at the cheetah picture below, you can see the drops!
I was FINALLY able to take some descent pictures of my favorite lil' guys - the Golden Lion Tamarins.
They are behind glass and under fluorescent lights -and until now all I had managed to capture were some blurry images with a lot of glare.
These monkeys have also been hard to photograph (again, the glass and the lights)... but I'm getting better!
The baby is sucking it's thumb! Aww!!!
It wouldn't be the same without at least one meerkat picture!
Their fingers look tatooed!
Ashley riding in the safari Jeep outside the gift shop.

No comments:
Post a Comment