Here are some pictures (some old, some new) that I am just getting around to downloading.
When I first got my camera, I set it to the green "auto everything" mode and that is all I ever used for about a year. (Sad...it makes me wish I could go back and reshoot Ashley as a baby!)
Then, around the time I started getting "good" pictures (you can tell if you have been following my blog) - I ventured out to the "portrait" and "no flash" settings.
Very recently, I have been trying to teach myself how to use the "aperature" function (you can make things in the foreground in focus while the background is out of focus, or vice versa). Most of today's pictures are a result of those efforts.
This one has kind of an "artsy" feel, don't you think?
Believe it or not, it is straight from my camera (I don't own Photoshop or anything like it).
The photography on this one isn't spectacular, but I think Jeremy will like it.
Ashley and I took a walk to investigate his farm equipment.
Ashley in the garden... more playing with aperature.
She LOVES gardening with Dada! :-)
Eating a strawberry straight from the garden. It doesn't get any better than that! :-)
I have to tell you about this. This is Jeremy's invention for a sandbox cover: a tarp fastened with eyehooks and a bouncy ball in the center so that the rain will roll away.
I was inside the house when Jeremy caught Ashley "relaxing" like you see here. I grabbed my camera, and used the super-zoom lens through our open sliding glass door, hoping she wouldn't see me and get up.
Au contraire! She saw me and proceeded to strike a pose.
Yes, they were taken in that order. She saw me, sat up, leaned in (I snapped a picture), then she laid back down and smiled oh-so-innocently (I took a few more, pretty identical) and then she got up and went on her way. It still cracks me up!

No comments:
Post a Comment