Saturday, May 15, 2010

An Update

It has been a crazy week!  Ashley woke up screaming one night, inconsolable, and the next day we found a ball of dried blood in her ear.  I took her to the pediatrician first, then her ENT.
Here she is in his office, completely unaware of what is about to happen next.
If you think this room looks scary, you should see the one they moved us to to clean out her ear!
The nurse held Ashley's head down and I held her hands.  Ashley was so brave, and she barely cried at first... but when the doctor had to really "dig" in there, she sarted screaming "Mama! MAMA!!!! MAAA-MAAA!" I kept thinking that it had to be almost over, but he kept coming up with more dried blood.  The good news is that her eardrum is FINE, the blood was caused by her tube coming out. "wrong"  (Normally, there is not supposed to be any blood.)
Grandma Missy went with us and took this picture.  We stopped by the hospital gift shop and got Ashley this dog (he has Band-Aids on his head and is wearing a gown that says "Just A Ruff Patch".)
Sipping on some "pop" in the car before we headed home.  If you look closely under her eyes, you can see that she cried so hard that she popped blood vessels. (You can click on the picture to enlarge it.)
She kept pointing at her ear on the way home.

Here, she is falling asleep...but still pointing!
Feeling better later that evening:
The picture below has to be my favorite shot of her on the slide! It makes me laugh out loud :-)
She figured out how to go down "backwards".

Ashley putting her baby doll and new puppy "night-night" while I fixed dinner.
Speaking of Ashley's baby doll, this is her new "thing":
Putting babies in my (and Jeremy's) mud boots.



 Pretty silly, huh?!



I hate that my camera focused on the boot/baby instead of Ashley, but I still like this one!

No comments: